I am so glad I got to be Claire’s senior portrait photographer! We had an awesome time photographing in the Arts District of downtown Los Angeles! The fabulous Nikki did Claire’s makeup and I love that Claire wanted to try something a little different for her TR Senior Model photoshoot and did the bold lip color! She rocked it! Here is what Miss Claire had to say about herself along with some of my favorite portraits from the day…
25 Things About Me:
1. I’m the only vegetarian in my family, and have been since I was a baby.
2. My pug, Dug, is a little bit Internet-famous.
3. I grew up in Seattle and I still miss the rain sometimes.
4. I don’t just sing in the shower, I perform. Usually I sing Les Miserables ensemble numbers as every member of the cast, so you can imagine I waste a lot of water.
5. When I grow up I want to be a writer, maybe for T.V. (think Liz Lemon on 30 Rock).
6. Speaking of 30 Rock, best show ever.
7. A few years ago I tried to start writing my memoirs, then realized that I might need a bit more life experience before I tackle that project.
8. I’ve been best friends with the same two girls since second grade. We live on opposite sides of the country now, but we still keep in touch.
9. I bake French macarons, and they’re frighteningly addictive.
10. Somehow, I made it to age 17 without ever really learning how to use a blowdryer.
11. I got in trouble a couple of times last year for staying up too late studying.
12. I usually don’t wear makeup (too lazy!), but I love wearing perfume.
13. I’m part of the first ever senior class at my school.
14. For the last two summers, I’ve interned at a production company on the Paramount lot.
16. I played Beethoven in an elementary school play about the composer’s life, and I still remember the lyrics to most of the musical numbers.
17. I can’t listen to Louis C.K.’s standup in public because I laugh like a crazy person without realizing it.
18. If necessary, I could probably live off breakfast cereal. I eat it at all hours of the day.
19. This summer, I rode a camel in Morocco.
20. Lately I’ve been wanting to dye my hair blue, but I think I’m too chicken.
21. Playing piano is really relaxing for me.
22. I was a competitive swimmer for seven years and I have the split ends to show for it.
23. My dream college is either Columbia or Barnard in New York.
24. I’m singing “Defying Gravity” as I type this, and I have a sore throat so it’s not going very well.
25. I have two favorite books. If I’m feeling pretentious, I’ll say “The Awakening” by Kate Chopin. If I’m being perfectly honest, though, it’s “Bossypants” by Tina Fey.
Want to see a few more senior portrait sessions in Los Angeles? Here in So Cal, I tend to photograph high school seniors year round, so if you’d like to book a session, you can email me at email@example.com or call the studio at 1-800-995-8272.